lilt.js failed to fulfill REST API requests due to deprecating the `apikey` parameter
Incident Report for Lilt
Postmortem

The deprecation of the apikey query on our public REST API caused the lilt.js client library to fail when authenticating requests using the parameter instead of the supported key parameter. The lilt.js library used in production was not affected by this change since it was using a separate, dedicated REST API fulfill requests instead of the public REST API.

We have updated lilt.js to use the key property by default and followed up with affected customers that were experiencing issues due to this deprecation, and they confirmed our update to lilt.js resolved the issue for them.

We are discussing how to detect the potential for issues due to deprecating REST API parameters earlier as well as measure to implement that will mitigate such issues in the future.

We sincerely apologize to anyone who was affected by this issue.

Posted 7 months ago. Jan 31, 2019 - 22:03 UTC

Resolved
This issue has been resolved.

We have updated lilt.js to use the `key` property by default and followed up with affected customers that were experiencing issues due to this deprecation, and they confirmed our update to lilt.js resolved the issue for them.

We are discussing how to detect the potential for issues due to deprecating REST API parameters earlier as well as measure to implement that will mitigate such issues in the future.

We sincerely apologize to anyone who was affected by this issue.
Posted 7 months ago. Jan 30, 2019 - 04:56 UTC
Update
We have updated lilt.js to use the `key` property by default and are actively following up with the customers who were affected by the `apikey` deprecation.
Posted 7 months ago. Jan 30, 2019 - 03:00 UTC
Investigating
The deprecation of the `apikey` query on our public REST API caused the lilt.js client library to fail when authenticating requests using the parameter instead of the supported `key` parameter. The lilt.js library used in production was not affected by this change since it was using a separate, dedicated REST API fulfill requests instead of the public REST API.
Posted 7 months ago. Jan 30, 2019 - 01:00 UTC
This incident affected: API.